Brian R Warnock
Brian Warnock is the senior/managing partner at Warnock, Mackinlay, & Carman. He is both an engineer as well as a lawyer, having practiced engineering for several years before returning to law school.
He has been a plaintiff's attorney in Arizona since 1989. He practiced commercial and construction law in Canada from 1976 until 1984 when he and his family moved to Mesa, Arizona where he served as in house counsel and then president of a southwest real estate development firm for several years.
Brian's law practice is devoted to victims that have suffered personal and/or financial injury. He deals with insurance coverage disputes, including fire, dram shop, injury causing accidents of various kinds, and insurance bad faith. As senior partner he is responsible for handling the more complex or serious damage cases as well as assisting several other firm members. He is admitted to both State and Federal Court in Arizona and has also handled litigation or claims in Texas, Colorado Nevada and New Mexico. He is a member of the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association.
He was gold medalist, or first in his class, at the University of New Brunswick (LLB 1976) where he obtained his law degree, and was a partner at a firm in New Brunswick prior to moving to Arizona. He is married with two grown daughters and seven grandchildren. He enjoys bird hunting, fishing and a good book.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Appellate Practice
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Arizona, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Arizona
- Federal Claims Court
- University of New Brunswick, Faculty of Law, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- LL.B. - 1976
- Dalhousie University (Nova Scotia Tech), Halifax, Canada - 1969
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: B. Chemical Engineering
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- SouthWest Real Estate Development Firm, House Counsel
- SouthWest Real Estate Development Firm, President